- Issue Time
This article provides a PCB burn-in test method in order to judge the overall quality of the printed circuit board.
PCB aging means that after the circuit board is energized and operated for a certain period of time under certain conditions, some component parameters on the circuit board will change, and this change is related to the use time of the circuit board. Therefore, many circuit boards will be anti-aging treatment before leaving the factory, so that the circuit can be used after stable, which can greatly improve the reliability and safety.
In general industrial equipment, the working temperature generally changes alternately between -40℃~+55℃, and the PCB may be in a working state for a long time. Then we need to do the following aging test methods for the circuit board under long-term work to judge the overall quality of the printed circuit board.
Check environmental conditions
Testing should be performed under the following environmental conditions:
1. Temperature: 15~50℃
2. Relative humidity: 45%~75%
3. Atmospheric pressure: 86~106Kpa
4. Considering the existing conditions, use the aging box to heat it to above 50 degrees, and ensure that the temperature in the box is maintained at about 50 degrees through airtight insulation.
Aging test methods
1. Appearance inspection
All functional boards to be aged should be visually inspected first. For functional boards with obvious defects, those with defects such as short circuits, open circuits, component installation errors, and missing parts should be rejected. (This part should be initially screened by quality inspection).
2. Electrical parameter detection
All functional boards to be aged also need to be tested for electrical parameters, and functional boards with parameters that do not meet the requirements should be rejected. Specifically divided into basic points, as long as the input and output of the chip are tested for continuity, whether the wire connection of the peripheral is open, and whether the circuit board has been damaged after the test.
Requirements for the use of burn-in test equipment
1. Any point within the working space of the thermal aging test equipment shall meet the following requirements:
(1) The high temperature required for thermal aging can be maintained.
(2) The power-on time is long enough. (Test time positioning at least 72 hours of continuous power-on)
2. Installation and support of the function board
(1) The function board should be installed on the bracket in the normal use position.
(2) The heat conduction of the bracket of the functional board should be low, so that the functional board and the bracket are actually insulated.
(3) The support of the functional board should be insulated to ensure that there is no leakage between the tested functional board and the support.
3. Electric power aging test equipment
(1) The electric power aging test equipment should ensure to provide the voltage and current required for the aging function board and can provide a variable input signal, and can detect each function partner at any time. (Intermittent communication test, test with PIP-TAG)
(2) The electric power aging test equipment should ensure that the equipment should not be stopped in the middle of the aging process due to the aging of the equipment.
If you want to know more about printed circuit boards after reading the above, please continue to pay attention to our news.
PCB Quick is an experienced PCB product supplier. We have a professional production team and a comprehensive management system. We have carried out comprehensive quality control whether from PCB design, packaging, or export. Our products are also sold all over the world because of their excellent performance. If you are interested in our printed circuit boards, please contact us immediately!